November 25, 2007

Dear God

Dear God,

My precious Abby's birthday is this Thursday and I can hardly stand it. Please give me the strength to make it through the next few days and weeks. I wanted so much to be pregnant again by now, to ease the pain, but I'm not and only you know why. I don't understand why Abby's gone or why you haven't allowed me to conceive another baby after all these months. I don't know why we were able to conceive her on our own in such a short time after years of infertility to conceive her brother, or why we are having to travel that road again. I trust your plan because I know it is better than my own, but Lord, if it is in your plan, would you please send us another baby soon? I dread the thought of another spring or summer with nothing to look forward to; no hope for another child. Would you please bless us with a pregnancy and a joy in our hearts as he/she grows in my womb in the coming months? Would you please give us something to look forward to that will bring us joy again? If nothing else, would you give us the joy of a positive pregnancy test this Christmas? I just need to see a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Love,
Emily