December 17, 2007
Sooooooo stressed!!!!!!
I have no idea where to post this, but I am feeling so out of control as Christmas approaches. We started seeing our RE (reproductive endocrinologist) in September after 7 months of ttc on our own with no success. It took 6 years to conceive our son and the RE told us after Abby died to come see him in 6 months if we were unable to conceive on our own. We tried a couple of natural cycles with IUI and just stepped up to daily injectibles. I have an injection every night between 6-8 p.m. Tomorrow I have an u/s at 9 a.m. clear across town and no one to watch my l/c, so I have to get myself and him ready and out the door by 8 a.m. (he usually doesn't even wake up until 7:15). I'll have another one at the end of the week )(they are monitoring me extra closely b/c I had an ovarian cyst rupture two weeks ago). And the IUI will probably be on Christmas Eve this time. Now I am wishing I had skipped this cycle. Isn't Christmas stressful enough without this? I have not even started on Christmas cards (my dh told me to ditch them this year, but I'm really struggling with that). I haven't started wrapping presents, even though I just finished shopping today. I put the pressure on myself to bake cookies, bought all the ingredients, but just can't seem to get my act together. I got a letter from the insurance today saying they are "investigating" the emergency room visit (for the ruptured cyst) and will decide in a few days "what benefits are available" under our plan. Last week we found out our roof is leaking and it will be upwards of $800 to fix. We have just spent hundreds on Christmas presents for mine and dh's family, each other and our l/c and thousands on ttc/infertility. My dh's car has a leak in the roof and water in the trunk and we have no idea where it's coming from. I am freaking out about money. I am sick for the third time this fall/winter. And I feel like everyone has forgotten me and doesn't have any idea what we are going through. Now that Abby's birthday has passed, I feel like everyone expects me to just bounce back to the same old Emily, or maybe I'm putting that expectation on myself? Either way, I feel the pressure. No one asks or seems to understand how stressful ttc has been for us, especially having to relive the infertility issues we've faced in the past, which, had Abby lived, we would never have to face again. No one seems to want to know and when I do talk about it, they seem like I'm overreacting or something. I don't know why I feel so out of control right now. Maybe it's the extra hormones in my system from the injections? Maybe it's Christmas? Maybe it's realizing another year is starting? Maybe I just needed someone to listen and care? I'm not really sure why I posted this, so thanks for reading if you've gotten this far. I'm just feeling alone again. My support system has disappeared and I am really, really stressed out!!!!!!!!!