July 04, 2007

Fourth of July

I can't believe how sad I am. Fourth of July shouldn't be a big deal. I got through Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day ... I just didn't expect to be so sad today of all days. My husband has to work tonight and I am at the family Fourth of July gathering and I just feel so alone and so sad. I am so tired of being sad all the time. I am sad ALL the time! I just feel like the damper to every party, every special moment that comes and goes. I am tired of being sad, but my baby girl should be here. She should be in her cute little Fourth of July outfit, matching her big brother in his. My niece should be driving me crazy because she won't stop touching the baby. Everyone should be oohing and ahhing over the adorable little gingham check outfit I bought her last year. I bought it last June, anticipating that she would wear it today. It was the first and one of the few outfits that I bought for her. I had a lot of hand-me-downs since she was a second child and many of my friends already had girls. I just miss her so much and I want her here with me. I am so overwhelmed with sadness. I feel like I have spent every minute of the day thinking about her and have not been able to enjoy my son. I feel like a bad mommy for not wanting to be with him. And I feel like a bad sister, aunt, daughter, etc. for sitting here on the sofa typing on the laptop while everyone else is visiting and enjoying each other and talking about their happy lives. I just can't do the small talk when I am hurting so much inside. No one sees it, no one knows it, but I am hurting so much today. This is the first time that I have had the words to express myself, and I am not even sure if I am getting out everything that I need to get out. That would take hours ... maybe days!!! Time is going too fast and too slow. I want it to slow down so I can breathe, but I also want it to speed up so that I can not be sad every single day of it. When will I stop feeling sad? I want to enjoy my son and not miss all the special moments in his life (he is three). But I just want to be pregnant again and have something happy in my life. I want something to look forward to. Something that will bring me joy and take away this pain ...