Today is CD 1 after 6 failed IUI attempts and 15 months of trying to conceive after my daughter died in November, 2006. It took 6 years to conceive our son after being told we'd never have children. Now we're back in the infertility game and down to two more tries until we can no longer afford to do it.
Anyway, I sent a prayer request to my women's Bible study and posted on my TTC board on BabyCenter that AF arrived this morning and I am so annoyed by stupid comments. Why can't people just say, "I'm sorry!" and shut up? First of all, I asked for prayer and all I got was advice. If I wanted advice, I would have made an "advice request" kwim? One lady wrote back and went on and on about a friend who, back in the 1980's, took one type of injection for a few months then another and then finally got pg and never had a problem again. That's nice, but when I finally got pg on my own, my baby died and now I can't get pg again. Her little story wasn't helpful. All she needed to say was, "I'll praying for you!" That's why they call it a "prayer request!" Duh!
Another woman, on my BabyCenter board, who, by the way, has never lost a child, replied "I'm really sorry you are disappointed but God has a plan. He always does, if only we could have patience." Duh again! Tell me something I don't already know. I am a believer and I know God has a plan, but a simple, "I'm sorry!" would have sufficed. What a dumb thing to say. And, frankly, I think I've had a LOT of patience!! I haven't been real happy with God's "plan" but I haven't lost my faith either. I am trying to be patient and trust Him, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have a bad day. Sheesh!
I'm sorry, but I'm just so annoyed with people right now. I remember how hard it was the first time we went through this. People just don't get it and say stupid things. If they can't say something sympathetic or helpful, they need to learn to just button their lips.
Sorry for the negative rant. Just needed to get it out ...