May 23, 2007

My Top Five

Wow, a good cry does wonders. I guess as long as I cry once a day, I'll be able to let this flood of emotion out, one tear at a time. It has been another rough day, but I cried and somehow I feel better ...

Anyway, I saw my friend A.J. posted her "top five" after I posted mine and I was reminded of all of the "mountain top" experiences in my life. I may be in the valley right now, but God still walks with me ... perhaps he is carrying me because He knows walking has been a challenge lately. I am discovering so much about Him these days ...

So I decided that I wanted to post my "top five" again, but this time in a blog ... so I can look back at those peaks from this valley and know that there are more peaks to come ... I just need to "be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14). He is good ...

THE FIVE BEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE ...

In last night's episode of "Lost," Charlie made a list of the five best moments of his life and gave it to Desmond to give to Claire (his love interest) because he believed he was going to die. I thought to myself, "Hmm, that's a good idea. What are the five best moments of MY life???" Here are mine ...

1) The day I got baptized. It was 1991 and I had been attending my brother's church. It was the best feeling in the world ...

2) The first time Chad kissed me. It was our wedding day in 1997 and we had just been pronounced husband and wife ... "you may now kiss the bride ..."

3) The day my sister came back into my life after being gone for seven years. It was my Dad's 65th birthday in 2003 and we were having a party for him. I made a slideshow of his life in pictures and just as the slideshow ended with a picture of my dad and the words "to be continued ..." my sister walked in ...

4) The moment I found out I was pregnant with Benjamin after six years of infertility ... one month after my sister's return in 2003 ...

5) The moment I saw each of my children's faces for the first time ... even though one of them is no longer with me, I will treasure those moments forever ...